Notice: I am currently *not* accepting any new logo design projects. Current art prints are all still available....and stay tuned for new seasonal freebies!! Thanks!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Outdoor Fall Decorating.....and a Project Idea!

Pin It
Well....I finally had to admit defeat.  Despite the persistent 30 degree daytime temperatures throughout September, the "barely above freezing" at night wreaked havoc on my flower planters.  Begrudgingly I pulled out the flowers and stuck in some scarecrows.  Bring on fall! I can't stop it from coming.....might as well embrace it! *wink*


....and....I saw this nifty little garland idea in a Christmas magazine once-upon-a-time (can't remember which one.....).  For two Christmases now I've been planning on making one for our tree...but have never had the time or the energy at tree decorating time. ;)  I stumbled upon some Halloween scrapbook paper in my basement (K and Company from several seasons ago) and decided to make one for Halloween instead! I think I'll hang it in our front window.  

I used a 2" craft circle punch and cut out several sheets of coordinating paper...then I glued two circles together on a long strand of jute string.  Easy peasy!  Get yourself a punch and make one/some of your own.  FYI.....I wouldn't have attempted this without a punch, however.....imaging cutting out all those little circles with scissor.  My hand aches just thinking about it.....groan!


Now that I see it's really not that time consuming, I think this may be the Christmas I actually get one made for the tree!

0 comments: